Ph.D., New York University
M.Phil., New York University
P.G.D.M. (M.B.A.), Indian Institute of Management
B.Engg., University of Madras, India
Agile software development
Requirements engineering and traceability
Dr. Ramesh’s research focuses on supporting knowledge intensive, complex organizational processes such as complex systems development, business process management, and agile software development. His work has appeared in leading publications such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Communications of the ACM, Journal of the AIS, Information & Management, Requirements Engineering Journal, Annals of Operations Research, Decision Support Systems, and IEEE – Computer, Software, Internet Computing, and Intelligent Systems. His research has contributed to several computer-aided software engineering tools and is widely used in the industry. He has received more than 20 research grants from U.S. National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, Air Force Research Laboratory, Army Research Laboratory, DARPA, Accenture, MCC, and Texas Instruments, among others. He received GSU’s Outstanding Faculty Achievement Award (2002); Myron Greene Outstanding Teaching Award (2002, 2007); and RCB Faculty Achievement Award – for Teaching (2004, 2013), Research (2006) and Service (2011); RCB Board of Advisors Excellence Award – for Teaching (2006) and Research (2007); Top Professor Award in MSIS and MSIS programs (2014, 2015, 2016); and the Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award (2008) – the top faculty award in the University System of Georgia.
- B. Ramesh and M. Jarke, “Toward Reference Models for Requirements Traceability,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol 37, No 1, 2001, pp. 58-93.
- M. Rossi, B. Ramesh, K. Lyytinen, J. Tolvanen, “Managing evolutionary Method Engineering by Method Rationale,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 5 Issue 9 Article, September, 2004.
- B. Ramesh, R. Baskerville, L. Levine and J. Pries-Heje”, High Speed Software Development Practices: What works, What doesn’t”, IEEE IT Professional, Volume 8, Number 4, July/August, 2006. pp 29-36.
- B. Ramesh, L. Cao, K. Mohan and P.Xu, “Can Distributed Software Development be Agile?” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 49, No. 10, October 2006, pp. 41-46.
- S. Slaughter, L. Levine, B. Ramesh, J. Pries-Heje and R. Baskerville, “Aligning Software Processes with Strategy,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Volume 30, Number 4, 2006, pp. 891-918.
- P. Xu and B. Ramesh, “Software Process Tailoring: An Empirical Investigation”, Journal of Management Information Systems, vol.24, no.2, Fall 2007, pp. 293- 328.
- P.Xu and B. Ramesh, “Impact of Knowledge Support on the Performance of Software Process Tailoring,” Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 25, no. 3, Winter 2008-9, pp. 277-314.
- L. Cao, K. Mohan, P. Xu and B. Ramesh, “A Framework for Adapting Agile Development Methodologies”, European Journal of Information Systems, Volume 18, Number 4, August 2009 , pp. 332-343.
- L. Cao, B. Ramesh, and T. Abdel-Hamid, “Modeling Dynamics in Agile Software Development”, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Nov/Dec, 2010.pp. 1-26.
- B. Ramesh, K. Mohan and L. Cao, “Ambidexterity in Agile Distributed Development: An Empirical Investigation,” Information Systems Research, Volume 23, No. 2, 2012, pp. 323-339.
- L. Cao, K. Mohan, B. Ramesh and S. Sarkar, “Adapting Funding Processes for Agile IT Projects: An Empirical Investigation,” European Journal of Information Systems, vol. 22, 2013, pp. 191-205.
- L. Cao, K. Mohan, B. Ramesh and S. Sarkar, “Evolution of Governance: Achieving Ambidexterity in IT Outsourcing”, Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 30, No. 3, 2013.
- R. Jain, L. Cao, K. Mohan and B. Ramesh, “Situated Boundary Spanning: An Empirical Investigation of Requirements Engineering Practices in Product Family Development”, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 5 Issue 3, January 2015.
- R. Jain and B. Ramesh, “The roles of contextual elements in post-merger common platform development: an empirical investigation,” European Journal of Information Systems, vol. 24, pp. 159-177, March 2015.
- D. Battleson, B. West, J. Kim, B. Ramesh and P. Robinson, “Achieving Dynamic Capabilities with Cloud Computing: An Empirical Investigation,” European Journal of Information Systems, December 2015.
- E. Park, B. Ramesh and L. Cao, “Emotions in IT Investment Decision Making with Real Options Perspective: Intertwining of Cognition and Regret,” Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2016. Pp. 652-683.
- B. Ramesh, L.Cao, J. Kim, K. Mohan and T. James, “Conflicts and Complements Between Eastern Cultures and Agile Methods: An Empirical Investigation,” European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 2, March 2017.